Saturday, June 20, 2015

Breaking the Ice

Welcome to my new blog! I will keep the first post short and sweet. Here is what you can expect from this blog; interviews with various people I find interesting, this will not be limited to members of bands but will also include people I know creating art and doing interesting things that I find worth talking about. In addition to interviews the blog will also feature record reviews of new and upcoming records. I haven't written record reviews in many many years and to be honest find the majority of them to be long winded and uninteresting to read. Rarely does a record review influence my decision to buy or check out a record. However my friend Ryan Canavan has been writing record reviews for years and years and I find his to be incredibly insightful and entertaining reads. I will literally read any review he posts and often find new bands I really like through reading his reviews. I feel like that's rare, at least for me. The first few posts will be old interviews I conducted many, many years ago that were originally intended for a new issue of my zine that I never published.

Thanks for reading and I hope you ind something you enjoy in the forthcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment